Hot Reuben Cheese DipMost Popular, Snacks & Appetizers,
A twist on the classic reuben sandwich with this Hot Reuben Cheese Dip. Pastrami, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, mayo and mustard. Serve with rye bread for dipping as an easy appetizer recipe.
Recipe by Matt Ivan at Plating Pixels.
- 3 Cups
- 1 Cup prepared Idaho Spuds mashed potatoes
- 1/2 Cup natural mayonnaise
- 4 Slices Swiss cheese, diced
- 6 Oz. deli pastrami, diced (or corned beef)
- 1/2 Cup drained sauerkraut (homemade or store bought)
- 1 Tbsp. brown mustard
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Relish or diced pickles as garnish
- 4 slices rye bread
- Prepare mashed potatoes according to package directions and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425ºF
- In a medium bowl stir together mayonnaise and Swiss cheese. Stir in remaining ingredients except rye bread.
- Place mashed potatoes in bottom of greased oven-safe dish. Top with pastrami cheese mixture and bake 10-15 minutes, until heated through and top is slightly browned. Remove from oven. Top with relish or pickles if desired.
- Toast rye bread then cut into pieces for dipping, or serve with additional mashed potatoes on the side.