Zucchini Garlic Parmesan Mashed PotatoesSide Dishes & Soups,
Shredded zucchini is an easy way to add extra veggies to garlicky mashed potatoes. It’s pretty and tasty too!
- 2 2/3 cups water
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, lightly packed (1 small, about 5 ounces)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cups milk
- 2 2/3 cups Idaho® Spuds™ Classic Flakes
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat water, zucchini, oil, garlic and salt to boiling in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add in milk. Stir in potato flakes and cheese with a fork until mixture is just combined, about 15 seconds. Let stand 1 minute.
- Fluff with fork before serving.
Nutritionals per serving
220 calories, 11g fat, (2.5g sat. fat), 5mg cholesterol, 5g protein, 25g carbohydrates, 500mg sodium, 1g fiber