Zesty Sausage and Potato Skillet DinnerMain Dish,
Sausage, vegetables and salsa make a quick ragout, a stew-like dish to serve over mashed potatoes.
- 6 servings Idaho® Spuds™ Classic Flakes, prepared
- 1 package (13.5 oz.) Johnsonville Smoked Sausage or Polish Kielbasa, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium green peppers, diced
- 2 medium red bell peppers, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jar (16 oz.) chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- In a large skillet, brown sausage in oil, 3-4 minutes. Add peppers, onion and garlic; cook stirring occasionally until vegetables are soft.
- Add salsa and heat through. Stir in cilantro.
- Prepare potatoes as directed on package for six servings.
- Serve sausage stew atop the prepared mashed potatoes.
Nutritionals per serving
410 calories, 26g fat, (8g sat. fat), 45mg cholesterol, 12g protein, 31g carbohydrates, 1570mg sodium, 3g fiber