Wild Mushroom Cobbler with Potato Parmesan BiscuitsMain Dish, Side Dishes & Soups,
Potato flakes make a tender biscuit topping for this mushroom-packed side dish. It’s a party-size recipe perfect on a buffet with roast beef or chicken.
- 1-1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced (combination such as button, shiitake, baby portobella)
- 2 cans (10 ¾-oz. each) reduced fat or regular condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) beef broth
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups Idaho® Spuds™ Classic Potato Flakes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoonsbaking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Combine mushrooms, soup, broth, green onion and garlic in 9 x 13 baking dish. Set aside.
- Mix flour, Idaho® Spuds™ Potatoes, Parmesan, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add butter; rub with fingers or a fork until mixture forms coarse crumbs.
- Stir together buttermilk, water and egg in a small bowl. Add to dry ingredients; mix with a fork to make a moist lumpy dough.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls evenly over casserole.
- Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritionals per serving
260 calories, 13g fat, (8g sat. fat), 45mg cholesterol, 7g protein, 29g carbohydrates, 740mg sodium, 1g fiber