VeggieMash™ Cheesy Mashed Potato PocketsSide Dishes & Soups, Snacks & Appetizers,
This creative VeggieMash Cheesy Mashed Potato Pockets recipe is not only super easy but kid approved! Made with Idaho Spuds™ Broccoli Cheddar VeggieMash™, diced carrots, onions, bacon and cheddar cheese all wrapped up in a fluffy biscuit. A treat that your family will love.
Recipe by Emily at Building Our Story.
- 1 pkg Idaho Spuds™ Broccoli Cheddar VeggieMash™
- 1 tube refrigerated dinner biscuits, 8 count
- 1/2 cup diced raw carrots
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1/2 cup bacon crumbles
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, cubed
- Preheat oven as directed on biscuit container. Grease baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Prepare VeggieMash Mashed Potatoes as directed on package and set aside.
- Prepare cheese, bacon, onions and carrots by dicing them up and set aside.
- Unroll biscuits. Take one biscuit at a time and flatten into a pancake shape.
- Place cheese, onions, carrots and bacon in the middle of the flattened biscuit.
- Place a heaping spoonful of prepared VeggieMash Mashed Potatoes with Broccoli & Cheddar on top of the bacon and veggies.
- Carefully pinch the biscuit together at the edges forming a “pocket” with the ingredients inside.
- Place the “pocket” seam side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat this for all 8 biscuits.
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes at temperature directed on the biscuit tube.
- Once golden brown remove from oven and enjoy HOT!