The Works Mashed Potato BakeMain Dish,
Baked potato toppers – butter, sour cream, bacon, onion, cheddar cheese and green onion – baked into a potato casserole. Assemble ahead and refrigerate overnight for a ready-to-heat casserole.
- 3 strips (3 oz.) bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped broccoli, 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoonsbutter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups Idaho® Spuds™ Classic Mashed Potatoes
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced for garnish
- Cook bacon and onion in a skillet until bacon is crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
- Heat 1-1/3 cups water, broccoli, butter and salt in a saucepan to boiling; cover and simmer on medium heat 2 minutes.
- Stir in milk and sour cream. Add potato flakes, stirring with a fork until just moistened. Let stand 1 minute.
- Stir bacon and onions into potatoes. Spoon into a 1-quart oven-safe baking dish. Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours, or bake immediately.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake refrigerated casserole covered for 25 minutes, warm potatoes uncovered for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bake additional 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with green onion before serving.
Note: Recipe can be doubled. Bake in 1-1/2 or 2 quart dish.
Nutritionals per serving
310 calories, 19g fat, (11.5g sat. fat), 55mg cholesterol, 11g protein, 25g carbohydrates, 620mg sodium, 3g fiber