Mashed Potatoes Bacon Thyme GratinSide Dishes & Soups, Snacks & Appetizers,
This super easy gratin made with our Cauliflower & Ranch VeggieMash™ & topped with crispy bacon and aromatic thyme will quickly become your belly-warming fall family favorite.
Recipe by Tamara at What To Cook Today.
- 2 pouches (3.74 oz each) Idaho Spuds™ Cauliflower & Ranch VeggieMash™
- 4 cups boiling water
- 12 slices bacon
- 8 oz fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- Small handful of fresh thyme leaves
COOK THE BACON IN THE OVEN:
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Place the baking rack 3rd from the top. Line your baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place a metal cooling rack on top of the baking sheet. Line the bacon on the cooling rack, not overlapping or they will stick together, and bake for about 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let them cool down. Don’t turn off the oven yet
- Crumble bacon into small pieces and set aside
MAKE MASHED POTATOES:
- Pour 4 cups of boiling water in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the entire two pouches of VeggieMash™, 1/2 of the grated Parmesan cheese, thyme leaves and stir to moisten all potatoes and to mix well
PUTTING IT TOGETHER:
- Transfer the mashed potatoes to a 12×12 inch baking dish, about 2-3 inches deep. Sprinkle with bacon bits, followed by the rest of the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Pop this into the oven and bake for 15 minutes until the cheese melted and the top is slightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and serve while still warm