Stuffed Poblano Peppers & Chorizo By Marnely RodriguezMain Dish,
These roasted peppers are stuffed with a mixture of Idaho® Spuds™, grilled chorizo, black beans, corn and fresh herbs to make a complete meal for your friends.
You could also substitute the chorizo for extra veggies or tofu to make your vegetarian friends happy as well!
Photography by Marnely Rodriguez-Murray
- 4 whole poblano peppers
- 1 medium sized chorizo
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups Idaho® Spuds™ Classic Flakes
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1/2 cup chopped baby portabella mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded white cheddar
- Preheat your grill and grill poblano peppers on all sides, for about 2 minutes on each side. When cool, slice off one of the sides and remove seeds. This makes it easier to fill.
- Grill chorizo until nicely charred and chop into small squares. Reserve.
- To make filling, simmer milk and add Idaho® Spuds™ Classic Flakes. Fold in black beans, corn, chopped mushrooms, cilantro, and cayenne pepper.
- Using a piping bag, pipe stuffing into poblano peppers and top with cheese. Broil in the oven at 500 degrees for about 3 minutes to melt cheese.