Spinach Four Cheese Baked Mashed PotatoesMain Dish, Side Dishes & Soups,
Four cheeses and spinach turn mashed potatoes into a hearty casserole side dish that bakes in just 30 minutes.
- 1 bag (9-oz.) baby spinach, chopped (or 10 oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained)
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, cut in chunks
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups Idaho® Spuds™ Classic Flakes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan-Romano cheese blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 cup dicedham (optional)
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Combine spinach, cream cheese, milk, onion, butter and garlic in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and heat on high power, stirring once until milk is hot, about 6 minutes. Stir to melt cream cheese.
- Add Idaho® Spuds™, Parmesan-Romano cheese, salt and pepper to hot milk mixture. Stir. Pour into an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle ham and cheese over top.
- Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutritionals per serving
320 calories, 20g fat, (12g sat. fat), 65mg cholesterol, 12g protein, 22g carbohydrates, 420mg sodium, 2g fiber