Southwestern Salsa PotatoesSide Dishes & Soups,
Your favorite prepared salsa adds instant south of the border flavor to mashed potatoes. Serve with grilled chicken, steak, or fold into an egg burrito.
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups Idaho® Spuds™ Classic Flakes
- Garnishes (optional) – Shredded Cheddar cheese, Chopped cilantro, Lime wedges
- Heat water, butter and salsa to a boil in a medium saucepan; remove from heat.
- Stir in milk and potatoes with a fork until potatoes are well mixed and fluffy.
- Serve hot with garnishes if desired.
Nutritionals per serving
160 calories, 7g fat, (4g sat. fat), 20mg cholesterol, 3g protein, 21g carbohydrates, 250mg sodium, 2g fiber