Sour Cream and Chives Potato CasseroleMain Dish, Side Dishes & Soups,
A quick stir in a bowl then half an hour in the oven makes this heavenly mashed potato casserole.
- 2 1/4 cups cold water
- 1/2 cupmilk or heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dried chopped chives or 3 tablespoons fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 1/2 cups Idaho® Spuds™ Classic Flakes
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine water, milk, sour cream, chives and garlic powder in a medium bowl.
- Stir in potato flakes just until moistened. Mixture will be wet.
- Transfer potatoes to a 1 or 2-quart casserole dish. Brush with melted butter.
- Bake 30 minutes until top is crisp and golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutritionals per serving
190 calories, 10g fat, (6g sat. fat), 25mg cholesterol, 3g protein, 23g carbohydrates, 90mg sodium, 1g fiber