Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak Meatballs with Mushroom GravyMain Dish,
The ultimate comfort food: Salisbury Steak Meatballs made in a slow cooker, smothered in a delicious beef gravy and perfectly served on Idaho Spuds™ VeggieMash™.
Recipe by Rika at Posh Journal.
- 2 pouches (3.74 oz each) Idaho Spuds™ Cauliflower & Ranch VeggieMash™
- 1 pound ground beef (93% lean)
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound mushroom halves
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons water
- parsley chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, add ground beef, Panko bread crumb, egg, ketchup, mustard powder, Worcestershire sauce, steak seasoning, black pepper, onion powder and salt.
- Knead until completely combined and form into medium sized meatballs. For this recipe, I just use ½ cup spoon and mold the meat into meatballs.
- Heat a large skillet or dutch over medium heat. Add the meatballs and gently move around the pan to brown. Transfer the meatballs to the slow cooker.
- Using the same skillet, add butter and cook onions for about 3-4 minutes until softened. Transfer them to the slow cooker.
- Add mushrooms, ketchup, broth and Worcestershire sauce into the slow cooker and cook for about 2-3 hours on high or 4-5 hours on low.
- In a small bowl, beat cornstarch and cold water. Quickly stir and pour the mixture into slow cooker and increase the heat to high until the sauce is thicken. Cook for about 5-10 minutes. Serve with Idaho Spuds VeggieMash and chopped parsley.