Shepherds Pie Green Bean CasseroleMain Dish, Most Popular, Side Dishes & Soups,
This “mashup” combines the classic taste of green bean casserole and the hearty comfort of sherpards pie. Definitely a must for any holiday dinner table!
Recipe by Kelly at mostlyhomemademom.com
- 1 lb ground beef
- 14 oz can cut green beans, drained
- 10 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 (3.74 oz) package or 1 cup of Value size Idaho Spuds Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, prepared
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup French fried onions
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef, drain, and return to pan. Stir in green beans, soup, and garlic. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring water to a boil, stir in mashed potato flakes, and remove from heat. Fluff with fork.
- Spread ground beef mixture into the bottom of a square baking dish. Top evenly with mashed potatoes. Sprinkle with onions.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbly.
- Allow casserole to rest 5 minutes before serving.