Roasted Garlic Potato CakesMain Dish, Most Popular, Side Dishes & Soups, Snacks & Appetizers,
Finger food to make the fork jealous.
Packed with bacon, scallions, and cheese, these Roasted Garlic potato cakes were made for dipping (in Idaho Fry Sauce)
- 1 (3.74 oz) package or 1 cup Value size Idaho®Spuds™ Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, prepared
- 1 cup Scallions, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Bacon, cooked, chopped
- 1 Egg, large
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, for dredging
- Vegetable oil, as needed
- Combine Idaho® Spuds™ Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes with scallions, bacon, egg, panko bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- To create a potato cake, scoop the mixture into ¼ cup portions. Flatten the portion and shape into a potato cake. Continue until all the cakes are made.
- Place flour in mixing bowl and dredge the potato cakes one at a time in flour, making sure to coat evenly. Shake off excess flour.
- In a large frying pan on medium heat, add just enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan. When oil is hot, pan-fry potato cakes until golden brown on both sides, about two minutes per side. Place on a paper towel to drain. Serve immediately with Fry Sauce.