Roasted Garlic Mashed Potato Stuffing CasseroleMost Popular, Side Dishes & Soups,
Keep your dinner or holiday plans stress-free with this super easy casserole recipe thats flavorful and perfectly seasoned. The perfect accompaniment to any meal!
Recipe by Michele at just2sisters.com
- 2 (3.74 oz) packages or 2 cups of Value size Idaho Spuds Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 5 slicesbread
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced red pepper
- ½ cup diced celery
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup hot milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter - divide
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cube or tear your bread into bite size pieces.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet.
- Toss in onion, pepper, celery, parsley and saute until tend
- Stir in bread cubes and cook until cubes are golden brown.
- In a large bowl add 4 cups boiling water.
- Pour in 2 package of Idaho Spuds Garlic Mashed Potatoes and mix until well blended.
- Reserve 1 cups of mashed potatoes for topping.
- Add milk and egg.
- Stir well.
- Fold in bread cube mixture and mix well.
- Pour mixture into greased 2 quart casserole dish.
- Top with reserved Garlic Mashed Potatoes, brush with melted butter and add additional parsley for garnish. .
- Bake for 40 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.