Potato Parmesan BiscuitsSide Dishes & Soups, Snacks & Appetizers,
Potato flakes are the secret ingredient in these light and flaky biscuits. Great with hot soups or stews.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups Idaho® Spuds™ Classic Potato Flakes
- 1/2 cup gratedParmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoonssalt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Mix flour, Idaho® Spuds™ Potatoes, Parmesan, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add butter; rub with fingers or a fork until mixture forms coarse crumbs.
- Stir together buttermilk, water and egg in a small bowl. Add to dry ingredients; mix with a fork to make a moist soft dough. Dough will not be smooth.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead 3-4 times. Roll to ¾-inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes and place on a lightly greased or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake biscuits until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritionals per serving
240 calories, 13g fat, (8g sat. fat), 45mg cholesterol, 5g protein, 25g carbohydrates, 580mg sodium, 1g fiber