Potato and Goat Cheese Stuffed MushroomsMost Popular, Snacks & Appetizers,
Classic comfort food plus tangy goat cheese, garlic, sage, and mushrooms make for one tasty game day appetizer.
Recipe by Raquel at Horses & Heels
- 1 3.74oz. Package Idaho Spuds Creamy Ranch Flavored Mashed Potatoes
- 4oz. Cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 Cup goat cheese crumbles
- 2 tsp. Chopped garlic
- 2 tsp. Dried sage
- 2 14oz. Packages large mushrooms for stuffing (about 40 mushrooms)
- Additional goat cheese and crumbled sage for topping
- Prepare Idaho Spuds according to directions on the package.
- Mix in cream cheese and goat cheese crumbles until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in garlic and sage.
- Place the potato mixture in the fridge for a couple of hours allowing it to cool; this makes it easier to work with.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Separate stems from the mushroom caps. Fill each cap with about half a tablespoon of potato mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with additional goat cheese crumbles and fresh sage. Return to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes.