Potato Dumplings with Chicken and VegetablesMain Dish,
Potato Bits make quick potato dumplings for a home-spun chicken dinner.
- 2 cups Idaho® Spuds™ Classic Flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (10.5 oz.) regular or reduced fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Combine potato bits, salt, herbs and pepper in a large bowl. Pour 2 cups boiling water into bowl and stir just until potatoes are moistened. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Heat a large saucepan of water about 3/4 full to a simmer
- Meanwhile, stir soup, milk, chicken and vegetables in a small saucepan over medium heat until heated through. Keep warm while preparing dumplings.
- Stir eggs into cooled potatoes. Stir in flour and baking powder to make a thick batter.
- Drop batter by large spoonfuls (3-4 tablespoons) several at a time into gently simmering water. Do not overcrowd pan, dumplings will expand. Simmer 3-4 minutes until dumplings rise to the top and are light and fluffy. Remove with slotted spoon to serving dishes. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Spoon hot chicken and vegetables over dumplings.
Nutritionals per serving
320 calories, 9g fat, (3g sat. fat), 170mg cholesterol, 18g protein, 42g carbohydrates, 840mg sodium, 4g fiber