Potato and Bean QuesadillasMain Dish, Snacks & Appetizers,
These zesty, cheesy quesadillas are quick and easy and can be eaten for any occasion. Serve with your favorite salsa.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup Idaho® Spuds™ Classic Flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped (1 tsp)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 oz) pinto or black beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (6 oz)
- Salsa for serving
- Heat milk and butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl on high power for 2 minutes, or until very hot.
- Stir in potato bits, cilantro, onion, garlic, chili powder and salt. Let stand 2 minutes.
- Spread 2 tablespoons potato mixture on bottom half of each tortilla. Top with 1 tablespoon cheese. Fold unfilled side over filling.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Brown quesadillas about 1 minute on each side until tortilla is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Remove from pan and let rest 1 minute. Cut into pieces.
- Serve with salsa.
Nutritionals per serving
300 calories, 11g fat, (5g sat. fat), 20mg cholesterol, 12g protein, 38g carbohydrates, 590mg sodium, 5g fiber