Popcorn Shrimp-n-MashedMain Dish,
Spicy popcorn shrimp with garlic-pepper-bacon gravy makes simple New Orleans inspired comfort food.
- 2 slices bacon, diced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning such as Old Bay
- 1 jar (12 oz.) prepared gravys
- 1 pound frozen breaded popcorn shrimp
- 2 cups Idaho® Spuds™ Classic Flakes
- 1-3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- Garnishes (optional) - Shredded Monterey Jack cheese, Sliced green onion
- Cook bacon in a saucepan over medium heat until crisp.
- Add bell pepper, onion, garlic and seasoning. Cook, stirring frequently until vegetables are softened; stir in gravy. Heat through. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Heat popcorn shrimp per package directions.
- Prepare potatoes per package directions with water, margarine, salt and milk.
- Serve potatoes topped with gravy and popcorn shrimp, Garnish with cheese and green onions if desired.
Nutritionals per serving
420 calories, 22g fat, (5g sat. fat), 65mg cholesterol, 14g protein, 42g carbohydrates, 1460mg sodium, 2g fiber