Pomegranate-Lime Chicken over Cilantro & Mint Spuds by Marnely RodriguezMain Dish,
The combination of antioxidant filled pomegranate with the zesty lime makes this dish not only refreshing for summer, but oh so good for you.
Served over an herbaceous Idaho® Spuds™ mash, this is the perfect dish to prepare on a hot summer night on the deck. Prepare the skewers a day ahead for an even quicker dinner!
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 12 wooden skewers
- Idaho® Spuds™ Classic Potato Flakes, prepared as directed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- An hour before grilling, soak the wooden skewers in water. This prevents them from burning on the fire.
- In a lidded jar, shake together the brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, pomegranate juice, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, honey, and lime juice and zest. Reserve while you cut the chicken.
- Pound each chicken breast under a piece of plastic wrap until about 3/4 of an inch think. Slice lengthwise to create strips 1/2 an inch wide. Place in bowl and pour 1/2 of the marinade over. Steep the chicken for an hour or overnight for extra flavor.
- When you’re ready to grill, thread the chicken strips into soaked skewers and grill for about 3 minutes on each side. Brush with extra marinade midway through cooking.
- To make Cilantro & Mint Spuds: prepare spuds as directed on package and fold in fresh herbs before serving.
- Serve the Pomegranate Lime Chicken over herby spuds and drizzle extra marinade over it. Enjoy!