Pierogi LasagnaMain Dish, Most Popular,
This recipe has all of the flavors of traditional pierogies — pasta, potatoes, cheese, butter and onions — layered into a lasagna that will soon become a house favorite! Super easy to make and you can even make it ahead of time.
Recipe by Kristina at itisakeeper.com
- 1 box lasagna noodles
- 2 (3.74 oz) packages or 2 cups Value size Idaho Country Buttered
- 1 cup butter
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 12-16 white American cheese slices
- Prepare lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain and lay out on parchment paper until ready to use.
- Prepare instant potatoes according to package directions.
- Add the butter and onions to a sauce pan and melt over medium heat.
- Place ¼ cup of the butter mixture in the bottom of a 13×9 baking dish.
- Add a single layer of noodles (about ⅓ of the package).
- Top with ⅓ of the prepared potatoes and spread to cover noodles.
- Drizzle with ¼ cup of the butter mixture.
- Top with a single layer of cheese slices (about 6-8 slices).
- Add two more layers of noodles, potatoes and butter.
- Top with a final layer of cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through and bubbly.