Pasta VeggieMash™ BakeMain Dish,
A one-pot meal that’s done in a jiffy is just what you need on a busy weekday. This Pasta VeggieMash™ Bake has penne pasta, vegetables and chicken tossed in tomato sauce, then topped with Idaho Spuds™ VeggieMash™, and baked for a hearty (but also easy) meal.
Recipe by Anjana at Happy & Harried.
- 1 pkg (3.74 oz) Idaho Spuds™ Cauliflower & Ranch VeggieMash™
- 8 oz pasta
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 oz chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- ½ cup button mushrooms, sliced
- ½ tsp cayenne powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 14-oz pasta sauce (tomato-based)
- 1 cup cheese, shredded cheddar
- 3 strips bacon, cooked & crumbled (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 deg.F.
- Cook pasta al-dente as per package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet. Add the chicken and sprinkle half of the cayenne powder, black pepper powder, garlic powder, and salt to taste. Cook chicken on all sides, until just cooked through. Remove to plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, add red bell pepper, mushrooms, parsley and the remaining spices. Saute until tender-crisp, 2-3 minutes.
- Return chicken and pasta to pan. Add pasta sauce and stir to combine. Simmer until heated through.
- Prepare Idaho Spuds VeggieMash according to package instructions.
- Pour pasta into a 9″ casserole or a deep pie dish. Top with shredded cheese. Spread the prepared VeggieMash on top to cover the pasta completely.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and top with crumbled bacon, if desired. Serve warm.