Mini Potato Corn CakesMain Dish, Side Dishes & Soups, Snacks & Appetizers,
These spicy corn cakes are low fat and perfect for any meal. Serve with a crisp salad on the side.
- 2 cups Idaho® Spuds™ Potato Flakes
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne or chipotle pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Combine potato flakes, cornmeal, garlic salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Stir in milk, corn, cheese and green onions. Let stand 2 minutes.
- Scoop into 40 1-inch balls and place on a baking sheet. Flatten into 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Place patties in a single layer in pan. Brown patties about 4 minutes per side, spraying with additional cooking spray as needed. Repeat with remaining patties.
- Serve warm garnished with a dollop of sour cream and green onions.
Nutritionals per serving
50 calories, 2g fat, (1g sat. fat), 5mg cholesterol, 2g protein, 6g carbohydrates, 170mg sodium, 0g fiber