Mexican Chicken and Potato BurritoMain Dish,
Mix in some potato flakes with cheddar cheese for an irresistible south of the border meal. Serve with Mexican rice and a lime wedge.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup dicedonion
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 pkg. (1.25oz) taco seasoning
- 2 cups Idaho® Spuds™ Classic Flakes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups diced, cooked chicken breast (about 1 pound)
- 3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 6 12-inch flour tortillas
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, 2-3 minutes.
- Add water, milk and seasoning mix; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in potato flakes and cheddar cheese. Let stand 2 minutes.
- Spoon 1/2 cup potato mixture down center of a tortilla. Top with 1/2 cup chicken, 1/2 cup lettuce and about 1 tablespoon salsa.
- Fold in sides and ends of tortilla to enclose filling. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Nutritionals per serving
720 calories, 24g fat, (11g sat. fat), 95mg cholesterol, 39g protein, 86g carbohydrates, 1620mg sodium, 6g fiber