Mediterranean Potato DipSide Dishes & Soups, Snacks & Appetizers,
See if your guests can guess the secret ingredient in this dip. Mashed potatoes are a great base for a flavorful dip with yogurt, garlic, lemon and green onion. Serve with raw vegetables for dipping.
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups Idaho® Spuds™ Classic Mashed Potatoes
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups plain low-fat yogurt or light sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- Heat water, olive oil, and salt to a rolling boil in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat. Stir in milk and potato flakes until moistened.
- Mix in yogurt, garlic, lemon juice and white pepper. Refrigerate until cool.
- Stir in green onions. Serve chilled with carrots, celery, broccoli, bell pepper or other raw vegetables for dipping.
Nutritionals per serving
180 calories, 12g fat, (2g sat. fat), 5mg cholesterol, 4g protein, 14g carbohydrates, 280mg sodium, 1g fiber