Mashed Potato-Stuffed MeatballsMost Popular, Snacks & Appetizers,
A quick and easy appetizer that combines two favorites—meatballs and mashed potatoes!
Recipe by Emily at Table & Hearth
- 1 lb. ground beef, bison, or turkey
- 1 package Idaho Spuds instant mashed potatoes in your flavor choice
- 1/2 C breadcrumbs
- 1 Egg
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 Cup onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Bottle (12oz.) of your favorite BBQ sauce
- Prepare potatoes according to package instructions.
- Form into small balls (~1 tsp.) and place on baking sheet then freeze.
- Combine meat, onion, breadcrumbs, egg, and spices by hand.
- Form into circles then gently wrap around frozen potato ball.
- Brown meatballs in olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Place in crockpot, set to low heat.
- Pour barbecue sauce over meatballs and gently stir to coat.
- Cover and let cook for 2-3 hours on low.