Mashed Potato Puff Pastry BraidMost Popular, Snacks & Appetizers,
Wow your guests at your next party with this super easy-to-make Puff Pastry braid—minimal ingredients, maximum flavor!
Recipe by Manali at Cook with Manali
- 1 Puff pastry sheet (9x9, thawed)
- 1/2 Cup Idaho Spuds Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 1 tsp. Chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/3 Cup Italian cheese blend
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 Egg mixed with 1 Tbsp. water, for egg wash
- Preheat oven to 400ºF
- Boil water and prepare Idaho Spuds mashed potatoes according to instructions on the package.
- Transfer mashed potatoes to a bowl and add 1/3 Cup Italian cheese blend, chopped rosemary, salt and pepper. Mix everything until well combined.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll thawed puff pastry sheet and roll into 9.5 x 9.5 square.
- Divide the sheet into three parts, 3.25″ – left, 3″ – middle, and 3.25″ – right. Leave .75″ top and bottom and in between make 9 cuts .8″ apart on both left and right sides.
- Put the prepared mashed potatoes mix over the middle portion of the sheet.
- Starting at one end, fold the pastry strips over the potato filling. Alternate sides while making the braid and stretch gently if needed to cover the filling.
- Prepare the egg wash by mixing the egg with 1 Tbsp. water. Using a pastry brush, apply the egg wash all over the braid.
- Bake at 400ºF for 20-25 minutes or until the braid is golden in color.
- Remove from oven, slice and serve!