Mashed Potato PieMain Dish,
This Mashed Potato Pie with a meat crust is the perfect, easy-to-make comfort food! It is a great way for families to enjoy a meal together without a lot of fuss.
Recipe by Wendy at wendypolisi.com.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 c. cheddar cheese
- 1 pkg Idaho Spuds™ Broccoli Cheddar VeggieMash™
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup cheddar
Prepare the “crust.”
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch pie plate with oil.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat. Add ground beef and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until the ground beef is browned. Drain.
- Transfer ground beef to a bowl and add egg and cheese. Stir until well combined.
- Transfer to the pie plate and use clean hands to mash down forming a “crust”.
- Bring 2 cups of vegetable broth to a bowl.
- Remove from heat and stir in pouch of VeggieMash. Use a fork to moisten all of the potatoes.
- Prepare Casserole
- Transfer prepared potatoes to a large bowl. Stir in beaten eggs, cheese and garlic.
- Spread the potato mixture on top of the meat and top with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.