Mashed Potato BallsMost Popular, Snacks & Appetizers,
Transform one of America’s most popular side dishes into a delicious hand held appetizer that eats like a meal.
Recipe by Sara at Budget Savvy Diva
- 2 Packages Idaho Spuds Creamy Ranch Mashed Potatoes
- 2 Cups vegetable oil
- 1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne pepper
- 2 Large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 Cups panko
- 2 Tbsp. Freshly grated parmesan
- Prepare Idaho Spuds Creamy Ranch Mashed Potatoes according to package instructions. (Use a little less water so the mashed potatoes will be easier to roll).
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- In a bowl, combine well: cheddar cheese, cayenne pepper, and panko.
- Roll the mashed potatoes into bite-sized balls.
- Dip each ball into the egg mixture, then roll in the panko mixture.
- Fry each ball until golden brown.
- Garnish with chives and parmesan cheese. Enjoy!