Greek-Style Mashed Potatoes with Minty Tomato SalsaSide Dishes & Soups,
Tomatoes with a hint of mint make a fresh Mediterranean style topping for feta cheese mashed potatoes.
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided use
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt or regular yogurt
- 1 (3.74 oz) package or 1 cup Value size Idaho® Spuds™ Roasted Garlic or any flavor
- 1/4 cup (1 oz.) crumbled feta cheese, plus more for garnish
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, or 2 teaspoons dried
- Dash of salt
- Heat water, 1 tablespoon olive oil, oregano and salt to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Add milk and yogurt. Stir in pouch of potatoes, stirring in circular motion for 10 seconds. Let stand 1 minute.
- Stir in feta cheese.
- Combine tomatoes, mint, remaining tablespoon olive oil and dash of salt in a small bowl. Serve over hot potatoes with additional feta cheese crumbles if desired.
Nutritionals per serving
190 calories, 9g fat, (2.5g sat. fat), 10mg cholesterol, 6g protein, 20g carbohydrates, 420mg sodium, 2g fiber