Garlic Mashed PotatoesSide Dishes & Soups,
Making garlic mashed potatoes is as easy as substituting salt with garlic salt. For a more indulgent option try it our version with chopped garlic.
- 2-2/3 cups water
- 4 tablespoons margarine or butter (½ stick)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon (2 cloves) chopped garlic
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 2/3 cups Idaho® Spuds™ Classic Flakes
- Heat water, margarine or butter, salt and garlic to boiling over medium-high in a medium saucepan.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in milk, sour cream and Idaho® Spuds™ Classic Flakes with a fork until mixture is just combined, about 15 seconds. Set aside for 1 minute.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.