Fried Stuffed Mashed Potato BitesMost Popular, Snacks & Appetizers,
This is probably the easiest recipe you’ll come across. Crunchy on the outside and flavor-licious on the inside! Use leftovers or any Idaho Spuds flavors to make these snacks uniquely yours.
Recipe by Dana at ThisSillyGirlsKitchen.com
- 2/3 Cup of 3.74 oz Idaho Spuds or 1/3 cup of Value size Idaho Spuds
- 1 Cup water
- 2 slices bacon, crumbled (or ¼ Cup bacon bits)
- ¼ Cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 scallion, sliced, green part only
- ½ Cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons butter, unsalted
- serve with sour cream (optional)
- Place Idaho spuds and water into a microwave safe bowl, and mix to combine. Microwave for 2 minutes, carefully take out (it will be very hot!) and set aside.
- Mix in the bacon, scallions and cheese. Take about ¼ of a cup of mixture and roll it into balls. Flatten out slightly into patties and press into the breadcrumbs, set aside.
- In a pan on the stove, melt the butter over medium heat. Add in the potato bites and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve and enjoy!