Dilly-Cheese-Potato Mock SouffléSide Dishes & Soups,
Cottage or ricotta cheese make these potatoes light and soufflé-like. Bake in ramekins for individual servings.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoonblack pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 package (3.74 oz.) Idaho® Spuds™ Four Cheese, any flavor
- 3/4 cup (3 oz.) shredded Gouda or Edam cheese
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, or 2 teaspoons dried
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, or 2 teaspoons dried
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Heat water, salt and pepper to a boil; remove pan from heat. Stir in milk and pouch of potatoes. Let stand 1 minute.
- Stir in cheeses, dill and chives. Spoon into four 6-oz size soufflé dishes.
- Bake until slightly risen and light golden brown, about 20 minutes. Serve warm.
- Variation: Tuna-Potato Casserole Stir in two 5-oz cans water-packed tuna, drained, to potatoes before baking as directed. Reduce or omit salt in potatoes if desired.
*Nutritionals for Idaho® Spuds™ Four Cheese
Nutritionals per serving
200 calories, 8g fat, (5g sat. fat), 35mg cholesterol, 12g protein, 20g carbohydrates, 610mg sodium, 1g fiber