Devil-ish PotatoesSide Dishes & Soups, Snacks & Appetizers,
These warm potato stuffed eggs combine the best of deviled eggs and twice-baked potatoes.
- 4 servings Idaho® Spuds™Classic Flakes
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons packaged or fresh crumbled bacon bits
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved lengthwise
- Garnish (optional) – Bacon bits, Paprika
- Prepare potatoes following package directions, replacing butter with the 1/4 cup mayonnaise.
- Stir cheese, bacon bits and green onion into potatoes.
- Separate egg yolks from whites; mash yolks into potatoes.
- Spoon or pipe potato mixture into hollows of eggs, filling generously and evenly dividing between all the egg halves. Place eggs on serving plate. Sprinkle tops with bacon bits or paprika if desired.
- Microwave on high power 1-2 minutes to heat through. Serve warm
Nutritionals per serving
80 calories, 5g fat, (1.5g sat. fat), 110mg cholesterol, 4g protein, 4g carbohydrates, 135mg sodium, 0g fiber