Corn, Cheddar and Jalapeno Mashed PotatoesSide Dishes & Soups,
For a smoky touch, grill an ear or two of corn then cut the kernels from the cob for these Southwest-style potatoes – a perfect accompaniment with barbecued ribs or tri-tip.
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 tablespoon diced canned jalapeno peppers
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups Idaho® Spuds™ Classic Flakes
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed, or cooked corn
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat water, margarine or butter, jalapeno peppers, Worcestershire, garlic salt and cumin to boiling in a medium saucepan.
- Remove from heat.
- Add Milk. Stir in potato bits, corn and cheese with a fork until mixture is just combined, about 15 seconds. Let stand for 1 minute.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
Nutritionals per serving
230 calories, 10g fat, (3.5g sat. fat), 15mg cholesterol, 7g protein, 28g carbohydrates, 350mg sodium, 2g fiber