No-Bake Chocolate Coconut CandyMost Popular, Snacks & Appetizers,
Tastes like homemade chocolatey, coconut goodness…made with potatoes! Super simple and perfect for the holidays. Go nuts and add almonds for a little extra yumminess.
Recipe by Jennifer at The Craft Patch
- 1/2 cup (3.74 oz package) or 2/3 cup Value size Idaho Spuds Country Butter Mashed Potato Flakes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-3+ cups powdered sugar
- 2 2/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Mix potato flakes with just enough hot water to make the potatoes stick together. They will be more dry than you would normally make them. I used a little less than half a cup of water.
- Add vanilla and salt and stir until combined. Add just enough powdered sugar to make the mixture thick. It should be just a little softer than play dough.
- Stir in the coconut flakes. The mixture will be thick, so you can just kind of knead the coconut in with your hands.
Line an 8×8 pan with waxed paper, then press the coconut/potato mixture into the pan.
Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth, then pour the chocolate over the coconut layer.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours, or until candy is firm. Cut into squares to serve.