Chipotle Turkey MeatloafMain Dish,
Ready in just over an hour, this kicked up turkey meatloaf is perfect for large dinners with the family.
- 1/2 cup Idaho® Spuds™ Classic Flakes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped canned chipotle peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1-1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from chipotles
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine potato bits, milk, salt and eggs in a large bowl. Let stand 2 minutes.
- Stir onion, bell pepper, garlic, chipotle and oregano into potatoes.
- Mix in turkey with a wooden spoon or with hands.
- Shape meat into a loaf about 8×3-inches. Place in a baking dish.
- Stir together ketchup and adobo sauce. Spread evenly over top of loaf.
- Bake until internal temperature is 170°F, about 1 hour. Let stand 10-15 minutes before slicing.
Nutritionals per serving
170 calories, 8g fat, (2g sat. fat), 80mg cholesterol, 16g protein, 8g carbohydrates, 450mg sodium, 1g fiber