Chipotle Shrimp Fritters with Avocado Dipping Sauce by Marnely RodriguezMain Dish,
These fritters are heaven’s finger food at a party!
These fluffy and light chipotle flavored fritters are served with a refreshing and creamy avocado dipping sauce, making them perfect for weekend get togethers with friends.
photography by Marnely Rodriguez-Murray
- 2 dozen
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Idaho® Spuds™ Classic Flakes
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Juice and zest of one lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Simmer water, chipotle peppers, butter, and salt until it comes up to a quick boil.
- Quickly dump in all the flour and potato flakes into the simmering water, stirring with a wooden spoon. Cook for 1 minute, until dough forms.
- Transfer dough into a mixer with a paddle attachment (this can be also done by hand) and add egg. Stir until incorporated. Fold in chopped shrimp.
- To fry heat 3 inches of vegetable oil in a saucepan (or use fryer). Drop the fritter batter by the spoonful, but do not overcrowd the pan. Cook until shrimp appears to be pink, about 4 minutes each depending on size.
- While frying, make the avocado dipping sauce. In a blender, blend avocado, buttermilk, lime juice and zest. Season to taste and serve alongside the hot fritters and extra lime wedges.