Chicken and Mashed Potato DumplingsMain Dish, Most Popular,
These chicken and mashed potato dumplings taste just like home! Substitute chicken with leftover Thanksgiving turkey for another feel good meal.
Recipe by Liz & Chanelle at Eat Move Make
- 4 or 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (approximately 3 lbs)
- 4 cups chicken cooking stock (not broth)
- ½ tsp celery seed
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1½ tsp chopped or dried parsley
- 1 (10.5oz) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 tsp Gravymaster
- 8-10 tbsp corn starch + 1 cup water (mixed together)
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 (3.74 oz) packages or 2 cups of Value size Idaho Spuds Country Buttered Mashed Potatoes
- 4 cups water
- Cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise, and then cut each half into three sections. Set aside.
- In large stockpot, add chicken stock, celery seed, poultry seasoning, bay leaves, black pepper, onion and parsley; bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Add chicken pieces. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Stir in condensed soup and corn starch/water mixture. Add Gravymaster. Cover and simmer another 30 minutes. Pour into rectangular serving dish.
- Prepare Idaho Spuds according to package directions. Spoon mashed potatoes in dumpling-sized portions over the hot chicken mixture.
- Serve immediately.