Cheese Fondue PotatoesMain Dish, Side Dishes & Soups, Snacks & Appetizers,
Mashed potatoes are the base for this cheesy fondue dip. Serve with a selection of fresh vegetables for a side dish or party snack.
- 1-1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package (3.74 oz) Idaho® Spuds™ Four Cheese or any flavor
- 3/4 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded Gruyere, Jarlsberg or Swiss cheese
- Blanched broccoli florets
- Blanched carrot slices
- Cherry tomatoes
- Bell pepper strips
- Heat water, butter, salt and pepper to a boil (reduce salt to 1/4 tsp. if using 4 Cheese flavor); remove pan from heat. Stir in milk and pouch of potatoes. Let stand 1 minute.
- Stir in cream cheese and shredded cheese. Heat on low heat stirring constantly until cheese is melted. Fondue will be thick. Add additional hot water by the tablespoon if needed for a dipping consistency.
- Serve immediately in a fondue pot over a flame, or in small warmed serving dishes with fresh vegetables for dipping. If fondue cools, reheat with few teaspoons hot water.
*Nutritionals for Idaho® Spuds™ Four Cheese excluding vegetables
Nutritionals per serving
300 calories, 22g fat, (13g sat. fat), 75mg cholesterol, 12g protein, 13g carbohydrates, 600mg sodium, 0g fiber