Buffalo Mashed Potato PancakesMost Popular, Snacks & Appetizers,
These Buffalo Mashed Potato Pancakes are the ultimate party appetizer! Creamy mashed potatoes on the inside, a crispy crust on the outside, and loaded with buffalo sauce and blue cheese on the top!
Recipe by Allyson at Domestic Superhero
- 3 Cups prepared Idaho Spuds Creamy Ranch potatoes, cold (preferably refrigerated overnight)
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 Cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 Cup blue cheese crumbles, plus more for topping
- 1/2 Cup flour + 6 Tbsp. flour
- 2 Green onions, chopped, plus 1 for garnish
- 3 Tbsp. buffalo sauce, plus more for garnish
- Blue cheese dressing for dipping
- Vegetable oil
- In a large bowl add potatoes, egg, cheddar cheese, 1/4 Cup blue cheese, 6 Tbsp. flour, chopped green onions (2), and buffalo sauce; stir until mixed.*
- In a shallow bowl, add 1/2 Cup flour. Form your pancakes using about 2 Tbsp. of mixture—form into a pancake shape, about 1/2 inch thick, then dredge into flour to coat both sides; set aside and repeat for remaining mixture.
- In a high sided skillet, add about 1/2 Cup of oil, enough that the oil is about 1/2 inch high in the skillet. Heat over medium and add pancakes, cooking about 4-5 at a time, but not overcrowding them. Cook for about 4-5 minutes per side, until there is a golden crust forming**, flip and cook for 2-3 minutes on the other side. Remove and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain off excess oil. Repeat for all pancakes, adding oil as needed.
- Stack pancakes, about 4 per person. Drizzle blue cheese dressing, buffalo sauce, addition blue cheese crumbles, and green onions to garnish. Serve hot and enjoy!
*The potato mixture should be THICK, if it seems too thin, add more flour until it’s thicker.
**Careful not to flip the pancakes too soon or you risk them not having a nice crisp crust, and they will break apart.