Buffalo Blue Cheese Potato CroquettesMost Popular, Side Dishes & Soups, Snacks & Appetizers,
These Buffalo Blue Cheese Potato Croquettes have our zesty Ranch flavored mashed potatoes on the inside and a buffalo wing sauce crust on the outside! Great as a side dish or appetizer.
Recipe by Michele at Flavor Mosaic
- 1 (3.74 ounces) package Idaho Spuds Creamy Ranch Mashed Potatoes
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 eggs, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- ½ cup Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then place a baking rack on the lined baking sheet.
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring water to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in the contents of the Idaho Spuds Creamy Ranch Mashed Potatoes.
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, blue cheese, 1 egg, 1 cup flour, salt, and pepper.
- In a small bowl whisk together 1 egg and milk. In a separate small pie plate or bowl add 1 cup flour, and in a 3rd bowl or pie plate add 1 cup panko bread crumbs.
- Using a small ice cream scoop form mashed potatoes into balls then flatten slightly.
- Place each mashed potato croquette in flour, then dip into the egg mixture, and then roll in the panko breadcrumbs.
- Place each croquette on the baking rack that is on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a medium bowl, stir together melted butter and Buffalo wing sauce.
- Add each croquette into the Buffalo Wing sauce mixture and return to the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes more.
- Serve with extra wing sauce and ranch or blue cheese dressing.