Beet & Mash TartletsMain Dish,
When the weather cools down, you’ll need a recipe that is sure to make everyone feel warm inside. Try this deceptively easy Beet & Mash Tartlet recipe to impress, while sneaking in some veggies for the little ones, too!
Recipe by Sam at The Frosted Petticoat.
- 1 pkg Idaho Spuds™ Broccoli Cheddar VeggieMash™
- 15oz beets, diced
- 2 1/2 c. of flour
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 2 sticks of butter
- 3 tsp. of honey
- 1/2 c. of milk
- 4 oz. of goat cheese
- 1 tsp. of dill
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a cookie sheet with parchment. Make a packet of Idaho Spuds VeggieMash Broccoli & Cheddar according to the directions.
- In a stand mixer, combine the 2-1/2 c. of flour and 1 tsp. of salt. Then add the 2 sticks of butter and 2 tsp. of honey. Mix until dough is formed. Add 1/2 c. of milk and mix thoroughly. Roll dough into ball, cover with plastic wrap, & place in fridge to chill for 30 min.
- Prep the filling by mixing the 4 oz. of goat cheese, 1 tsp. of dill, and 1 tsp. of honey.
- Cut the chilled dough into 4 pieces. Using your hands, flatten out each piece into a round tartlet shape. Spread the cheese filling in the center of each tartlet and top with the 15 oz. of diced beets. Fold over the dough edges and pinch to create a pocket.
- Put the Idaho Spuds VeggieMash in a piping bag with a large frosting tip and pipe the mash on top of the tartlets. Brush egg wash on the dough.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes. Enjoy the tartlets while they’re hot!