Baked Potato Dip: Loaded BBQ Pit StyleMost Popular, Snacks & Appetizers,
This easy dip has creamy baked potato right inside. It combines all the delicious flavors of a loaded baked potato with the creaminess of your favorite chip dip. This unique appetizer will be the first to disappear! Make a lot!
Recipe by Marye at Restless Chipotle
- 8oz. Cream cheese
- 1 1/2 Cups of buttermilk
- 1 Cup of water
- 2/3 + 1/4 Cups of Idaho Spuds Supreme Baked potato flakes
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 5 Slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, 1 Tbsp. bacon grease reserved
- 1/4 Cup chopped barbecue brisket or cooked, seasoned taco meat
- 1/2 Cup grated cheddar or pepper jack cheese, divided use
- Chopped purple onion
- Chopped green onion
- Chopped bell peppers
- Chopped jalapeno
- Sliced jalapeno
- Chopped cilantro or parsley
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Heat cream cheese in a large, microwave safe dish until soft.
- Whisk in the buttermilk and water.
- Return to the microwave and heat until the mixture starts to boil, about 3 minutes.
- Add the 2/3 Cup Idaho Spuds Supreme Baked Potato flakes and stir until smooth.
- Add the sour cream, bacon, reserved bacon grease, brisket, and 1/3 Cup of the grated cheese.
- Stir until well blended. Mixture should be the consistency of cream – you can add a little more water or some milk if needed.
- Spoon into a small, greased casserole dish.
- Mix remaining cheese and remaining potato flakes.
- Sprinkle over top of the dip.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove from the oven and spoon on the toppings as desired.
- Serve with toasted baguette slices, crackers, pretzels, or whatever you like!