Bacon and Onion Potato FryMain Dish, Side Dishes & Soups,
Mashed potato flakes make almost instant home-fries. Just hydrate the potato flakes with cold water then panfry with bacon and onions.
- 1 package (3.75 oz) Idaho® Spuds Flavored mashed
- 1 cup water
- 2 strips (2 oz.) bacon, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced vertically in strips
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine pouch of potatoes and water in a medium bowl. Stir to evenly moisten potatoes. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Cook bacon and onion in a non-stick skillet over medium heat until light golden brown.
- Spread potatoes evenly over bacon and onions. Fry over medium heat without stirring until bottom starts to crisp, about 5 minutes. Turn potatoes over with a wide spatula, breaking it into chunks. Continue to cook allowing potato pieces to brown and crisp, about 20 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
*Nutritional information for Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Nutritionals per serving
190 calories, 9g fat, (3g sat. fat), 15mg cholesterol, 5g protein, 23g carbohydrates, 180mg sodium, 1g fiber