“Almost BLT” Mashed PotatoesSide Dishes & Soups,
Spinach or arugula substitute for lettuce in this classic flavor combination that’s a natural with potatoes.
- 2 2/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach or arugula (1/4 cup frozen chopped spinach)
- 1/4 cup chopped cooked bacon (about 2 slices)
- 1/4 cup chopped sundried tomatoes (drained if oil-packed)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups Idaho® Spuds™ Classic Flakes
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Heat water, milk, spinach, bacon, tomatoes, butter, ranch dressing, and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in Idaho® Spuds™ Classic Flakes and Parmesan cheese with a fork until potatoes are desired consistency.
Nutritionals per serving
240 calories, 12g fat, (7g sat. fat), 30mg cholesterol, 7g protein, 27g carbohydrates, 430mg sodium, 3g fiber