Almond & Potato BBQ Crusted Salmon by Marnely RodriguezMain Dish,
Elevate your next barbeque by presenting the crowd with this salmon recipe.
Crusted with a barbeque mayonnaise and topped with flaky Idaho® Spuds™ and nutty almond flour, it’s a light and fresh dish to accompany any of your heartier sides.
Photography by Marnely Rodriguez-Murray
- 1/2 cup Idaho® Spuds™ Classic Flakes
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons barbeque sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2, 8 ounce salmon filets
- Cedar planks
- Mix together the spuds and almond flour. In a separate bowl, stir the mayonnaise, barbeque sauce and salt.
- Season salmon filets with salt and pepper and sear on both sides (about 2 minutes on each side).
- Place the salmon filets on a cedar plank and slather with barbeque sauce/mayonnaise mix. Press almond flour/spuds on top and bring to the grill.
- Cook with grill closed for about 5 minutes, until crust appears to be crispy. Serve over greens or better yet, over Idaho® Spuds™!